Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Web 2.0 Tools

I skimmed through the offerings over in the Power Tool Box. I'm already familiar with several of these from earlier exercises. Of all the remaining tools in the box, however, only one struck me as interesting/fun (that exception being Stumble Upon). Not that Stumble Upon serves that much of a practical purpose, but I've already experienced hours of enjoyment "stumbling" from one interesting webpage to another (you basically list your interests and Stumble Upon leads you to relevant sites that you can rate, comment upon, send links from, etc....you can also see profiles of folks who have similar interests to your own).
If nothing else, this whole Learn & Play experience has taught me that I am a creature of habit who needs a lot of time to "warm up" to new concepts and processes. However, once I have time to "mess around" with something I quickly get the hang of it and once I become familiar with it additional (more practical?) uses may occur to me. :)

No comments: