Monday, November 3, 2008

Online Productivity Tools

This is an entirely new concept for me. I created an account on Google Docs and messed around with some documents, mostly passages for the book I'm working on. The really cool thing about Docs is that you can access it from anywhere...hence, I don't have to keep saving my writing at home on a disk so I can take it to work. Now I can just log on during my lunch hour and work on the manuscript whenever I feel like it (and then go back home that night to find all of my work saved!).
I also created a spreadsheet for my monthly household budget.
I must admit, I can't really think of any practical use for PDF files at present, but I'm sure something will occur to me...
As for workplace applications, the merits of Google Docs for collaborative projects should be self evident.
Out,
H.

No comments: